Saturday, April 21, 2012

New Scam fraud - Call from "Microsoft" you have a virus and we need to remote control your PC.

In short you would receive a call from Microsoft stating you have an error or virus and they want to help you fix the issue. (DO NOT LET THEM CONTROL YOUR PC EVER).

I saw this article on NewsVine and this same thing happened to me.

http://leemarchetta.newsvine.com/_news/2012/04/21/11323033-latest-computer-scam-coming-from-yourtelephonewtf

I had this happen to me so beware. They called me multiple times and told me I had a virus. They wanted to help me remove the virus. They started by asking me to look at my Event viewer and tell them what errors I have. Let me tell you now. Every PC has errors and they are not always a problem. I asked the person on the other end of the phone what error are you looking for and they could not tell me.

At no point did they get to the IP information, but that is because I don't trust anyone that calls me claiming to be from Microsoft. When I called the number back it was Google Voice. Microsoft would not be calling from Google voice. Their calls even from India would come from a Microsoft IPX.

So please be very careful. People will pray on you to get your information.

No comments:

Post a Comment